You may know this dish by its traditional name: ‘Huevos Rancheros’ or ranch-style eggs.
I love this spicy Mexican breakfast recipe. It’s so filling and nutritious that I often eat it during the week.
You can also serve it with tortillas as an evenig meal.
It only takes 30 mins to cook. Yet it’s so simple and mouth watering, you’ll be eager to cook it time after time.
Yields 2 servings
- 4 eggs, poached
- 1/4 cup chunky salsa
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup avocado, cut into chunks
- 2 Tbs. sour cream
- 2 Tbs. olives, sliced
- 2 Tbs. fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Cook eggs by poaching.
- Heat salsa in microwave or on stove over medium high heat.
- Place poached eggs on serving plate and top with salsa, sour
cream, olives, cheese, avocado and parsley.