These delicate crepes are rolled up with a fluffy cream cheese filling and sliced strawberries. Make these as a dessert when strawberries are in season, or for a fancy weekend brunch.
Yields 6 servings
- Butter (enough to fry crepes)
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons Dr. Atkins Bake Mix
- 4 tablespoons sugar substitute
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest grated
- Strawberry filling:
- 2 cups strawberries, washed, hulled and sliced
- 6 tablespoons Sugar
- Twin sugar substitute
- Prepare a heavy, 8 inch skillet or crepe pan with heated butter.Whisk all crepe ingredients together in mixing bowl.
- Once the butter stops foaming, pour 1/6 crepe mixture into skillet,
making sure to cover the bottom evenly.
- Cook until bottom is browned and top is set.
- Use a spatula to flip the crepe and brown the other side.
- Once done, transfer to a paper towel.
- Repeat this procedure with remaining batter and butter.
- Next, make your filling by combining strawberries with sugar
substitute and spoon about ¼ of mixture on each crepe. Add light
whipped cream to taste and garnish with remaining strawberries.