- 1 tablespoon macadamia or olive oil 1/2 cup roughly chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 3 cups diced or canned pumpkin
- 1 small tart apple, chopped
- 3 cups chicken stock sour cream for topping
- Whole or halved macadamias, roasted for garnish
- Heat oil in a heavy stock pot and sauté macadamias, onions and
ginger for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Stir in apple and pumpkin slices and sauté for 2 – 3 minutes (if
substituting canned pumpkin puree, add only the apple in the step
above and use pumpkin puree when you add chicken stock).
- Pour in chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil then cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until
apples/pumpkin become soft.
- Transfer to blender and blend until smooth.