A low carb chili recipe so easy to make even someone with near zero cookery skills can manage it.
The reason it’s low carb is because it doesnt include kidney beans. But feel free to add them if counting carbs isn’t on the agenda.
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs lean beef, chopped
- 4 cups canned tomatoes, drained or 4 cups beef both
- 2 Teaspoons salt (omit if using broth)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 Teaspoon oregano
- ¼ Teaspoon crushed cumin
- 2-3 Tablespoons chili powder
- 2 cans Eden Black soybeans, drained
- Place all ingredients in a large stock pot or slow cooker.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1- 2 hours.
- The longer this mix simmers, the more the flavors will set in.
For extra carb reduction: swap beef broth or stock in place of