Sesame chicken was always one of my favorite dishes when going out for a Chinese.
But Chinese restaurants are known to add extra ingredients, like MSG, to improve the taste… but wreck havoc to our guts.
So I found out how to make it at home, and a healthier version without the mysterious added spices.
- 1 chicken thigh, cut into 1/8-inch strips
- 3 Tablespoons cooking oil, divided
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce 1/4 Teaspoon pepper
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 cup of brown rice
- Start cooking the brown rice in boiling water
- Place chicken in a glass bowl.
- Mix sugar, oil, soy sauce, seasonings and sesame seeds.
- Pour mixture over chicken and toss to coat.
- Allow to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Stir fry marinated chicken in skillet or wok over high heat.